ALL FINISHED!

In July 2011, I signed up to make a quilt for a charity and promptly forgot about it…(shame faced).  A couple weeks ago, the lovely hostess emailed and asked if I was still submitting a quilt.  Submitting a quilt?  What quilt? What charity?  The email included the link to the post on the hostess blog where I kindly signed up to make a quilt…YIKES!  It was then the first week of January and I was due for a surgical procedure – these procedures are tricky as sometimes the numbness of the pain medications as well as the effects of anesthesia wear away slowly; at times too slow to sew.  So I would be under the wire to make a quilt in 14 days, much less have it in the mail by January 25.  So working as quickly as my condition and the subsequent surgery would allow, I began making and posting pictures noting my progress.  Those of you who commented; you’ll never know how much that meant to me…it is so helpful to have good online friends, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!  Thanks also to my daughter … Bev, you are wonderful with your steadfast loyalty…she really thought I could do it…lol!  And you know what, I did.  This is a photo of  “Shades of Royalty” that will be in the mail tomorrow morning.  Also, much gratitude to pattern maker Ann M. Smith who allowed me to use her “Diamonds in the Rough” NYE Mystery quilt pattern.  THANKS ANN!

Thanks you Thearica for your patience.  The quilt is for the 2012 Ronald McDonald House of the Ozarks, Springfield, MI fundraiser.  Please visit her site and read about the organization and about the event that I’m sure you will want to lend your support by purchasing tickets to the quilt raffle.

Auditioning borders!

Auditioning borders! by creativedawn

this was taken in natural light ...
Auditioning borders!, a photo by creativedawn on Flickr.

I think another Kaffe fabric makes the small bits pop, but that border will probably be no more than 3 inches; will finish with 10 inch outer border. Let’s see, that will make the quilt finish at 76″ x 96″ and that should be big enough for the dd’s twin sized bed! Next time you see this top, it will be a quilt!

NYE Mystery Quilt

Soooo, on New Year’s Eve, I started the FabricaholicsAnyonamous group mystery by Anna Smith.  All the clues were cut and standing by yet, it took all last week until yesterday to finish making the 35 blocks to make a twin sized quilt (50 x 70 inches).  The quilt really needs to be a bit larger, so maybe adding a 3 inch inner border and a 10 inch outer border will bring it to the right size.  Below is a picture of the group of blocks minus 6; they are all finished now, but the picture of the finished blocks was taken in the evening and the lighting is horrible.  Perhaps by tomorrow evening all the blocks will be sewn…